- Travel Home
- Travel News
World’s best beach is …
Another TripAdvisor list, this one for the best combination of sea and sand. What's your take?
The world’s best beach has been named and, though you may not have heard of it, hundreds have given Rabbit Beach on a remote island in the Mediterranean Sea top marks during TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice 2013 awards.
“Caribbean colors, white beach, unique setting. The crystal clear sea makes it difficult to leave,” the travel site said of the beach, which is located on the island of Lampedusa. The island is officially part of Sicily, despite being located more than 100 miles from it.
Also on CNN: World's 50 best beaches, our picks
At the time of writing, 346 TripAdvisor reviewers have given Rabbit Beach the top “Excellent” rating, while one voted it “terrible.”
Perhaps that voter prefers Grace Bay on Providenciales, which came in second.
“We have come three times and definitely returning! We recommend highly to those who love white, silica sand with clear, turquoise waters,” wrote one reviewer.
Australia’s Whitehaven Beach, a perennial favorite on “best beaches” lists, came in third. Brazil, Puerto Rico, Spain, Bermuda, Aruba and Wales also had top 10 entries.
Yes, Wales, more often known for its rainy days and baritone male choirs, beat out places in the Pacific, West Indies and Thailand with Swansea’s pretty Rhossili Bay.
Also on CNN: World's 50 best beach bars
Check to see if your favorite beach is listed below, then share your thoughts in the comments sction.
World’s best beaches according to TripAdvisor's Traveler's Choice 2013 awards
- Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
- Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
- Whitehaven Beach, Queensland, Australia
- Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
- Playa de las Catedrales, Ribadeo, Spain
- Lopes Mendes Beach, Ilha Grande, Brazil
- Horseshoe Bay Beach, Southampton Parish, Bermuda
- Eagle Beach, Aruba
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Playa Paraiso Beach, Cayo Largo, Cuba
- Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
- Chesterman Beach, Tofino, Canada
- Playa del Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Ka'anapali Beach, Lahaina, United States
- Siesta Key Public Beach, Sarasota, Florida, United States
- Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
- Gulf Islands National Seashore, Pensacola, Florida, United States
- Turquoise Bay Exmouth, Exmouth, Australia
- Fort De Soto Park, Tierra Verde, Florida, United States
- Akumal Beach, Akumal, Mexico
- The Baths, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Seven Mile Beach, George Town, Grand Cayman
- White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, England