- Travel Home
- Travel News
Travelzoo picks top value destinations for 2013
More air routes and hotel openings are leading to big bargains on international travel, says online deal finder
Haven't yet started thinking about next year’s vacation?
Good news -- Travelzoo has already started doing research for you.
The online travel media company known for its weekly emails outlining the week’s best travel deals for 25 million subscribers has published its top five deal destinations for 2013.
Dubbed "Wow Deal Destinations for 2013," Travelzoo's selections were made with U.S. travelers in mind, taking into account the strength of the U.S. dollar, increased flight routes from U.S. destinations and “revitalized competition” in the travel industry.
Additional factors for "serious deals" range from aggressive official marketing promotions (Ireland) to major hotel openings and added airline routes (Colombia).
Travelzoo’s best bang-for-buck destinations and reasons for deals:
- Alaska: More major cruise ship sailings
- Colombia: Added routes from major airlines and new Marriott and Hilton hotel openings
- Ireland: Deals stemming from aggressive tourism board promotion and lower VAT
- New Zealand: Decline in New Zealand dollar and increased number of flights from Air New Zealand and Hawaiian Airlines
- Niagara Falls: Hotels adopting new online supply channels and offering better deals
Where do you want to travel next year? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
More on CNN: 7 of the top frequent flier programs