Dancing in the park: China's national hobby
Waltz, cha-cha-cha, Yangko, or even self-invented twists and turns -- moves don’t matter.
Throughout China, at dawn and again around dusk, dance devotees hit public parks to stretch their limbs, make new friends and exchange gossip.
We fox-trotted with some of them in Shanghai.
The best locations to observe the public dancing culture in China include:
1. Shanghai Fuxing Park (上海复兴公园), 516 Fuxing Zhong Lu, near Huaihai Zhong Lu 复兴中路516号, 近淮海中路
2. Shanghai Xiangyang Park (上海襄阳公园), 1008 Huaihai Zhong Lu, near Xiangyang Bei Lu 淮海中路1008号, 近襄阳北路
3. Shanghai Liyuan Park (上海丽园公园), Liyuan Lu, near Jumen Lu 丽园路, 近局门路
4. Beijing Houhai area (北京后海), entrance through the Lotus Market, No. 51, Xi Da Jie, Di’an Men, Xicheng District 西城区地安门西大街51号
5. Shenzhen Lihuashan Park (深圳莲花山公园), Hongli Lu, Futian District 福田区红荔路