- Travel Home
- Travel News
Video: Mumbai's master street chefs
Master chefs don't work only in four-star hotels, as this frenetic, two-minute tour of the most flavorful street food in the world shows
On Mumbai streets, not even green lights look as good as the food. In every bite you get a hit of economy, explosion and genius.
The locations and food shown in this video by local filmmaker Padmini Harchandrai are all found within a three-mile radius in South Mumbai. Fried pakodas, rice puff bhel, dosa, coconut water and a veggie sandwich for good measure. For dessert, a Kolkata Meetha beetlenut paan.
Here are the South Mumbai places -- the addresses are casual, just like the stalls -- where you'll find the incredible food featured in this video.
1. Paan man: Next to Bharti Vidhya Bhavan, sandwiched between Hughes Road and Chowpatti
2. Coconut man: Next to Hanging Gardens, Malabar Hill
3. Sandwich man: Next to Sunflower school, lane opposite Malabar Hill Police Station
4. Bhel puri man: Next to above-mentioned sandwich man
5. Dosa man: Directly opposite Gold's Gym and Chandralok on Nepean Sea Road
6. Fried Pakoda man: Near Cathedral Infant School, little Gibbs Road, Malabar Hill
7. Chai man: Neighbors with pakoda man